Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jeff Dunham Christmas Show!

After a few days of constant persistence I was able to come away with two tickets for the Comedy Central taping of Jeff Dunham's Christmas Show at the Pabst Theater on Saturday night. If you care, it'll be airing on Nov. 16th.

So, I have to say, it was a brilliant show. I haven't had the chance to see a comedian live before, but this was amazing. It was an intimate show. He even had a Q&A afterwards (at 2 a.m. Sunday) with his puppets that'll air as an extra on the DVD version.

If you haven't seen Jeff Dunham before, he's best known for his puppets - Peanut, Walter, Achmed the Dead Terrorist, Bubba J, and Jose the Jalapeno on a Stick just to name a few of his ingenious creations.

Brett loves Dunham's comedy, so when I found out about the show on Friday night I had to get tickets no matter what (it didn't hurt that I had also gotten paid). So despite all the rain and crappy weather, I kept calling the ticket office every hour and logging on to tickets.com to see if extra seats were released. Alas, they finally were and we landed seats next to the producers. Besides, I owed Brett since not having time with starting a new job to get him a birthday present next month.

Well, I don't want to ruin the show since I know jokes that you don't. But, if you google "Jingle Bombs" you'll see a little bit of what I'm talking about. If you don't laugh your ass off, something is really wrong with. Enough for me to say...

"I keeeeeelll you!"

No comments: