Thursday, January 03, 2008

You've Been Deleted

As per my Facebook status message recalled yesterday, I have a new cell phone. The LG just couldn't take the strain of me not answering calls anymore, so I had to upgrade to a Motorola RAZR.

Because I'm cheap, I wasn't going to pay the $10 that Verizon charges to transfer my hundreds upon hundreds of contacts, messages, ringtones, and videos to my new SIM card. (Might I Add: That is whack!)

So, I spent about an hour this morning keying in all the contact information for everyone who is important in my life.

It's so weird. You really take for granted the amount of people you add to your contact list. Like for instance, why do I have Jason Lee (star of "Alvin and the Chipmunks") as a contact? Or, why do still have that kid from junior year of college that I interviewed for UWM's hottest guys in there? No need for that. A majority of the people that are in my phone, I probably haven't spoken to in over a year (if not more).

As I started hitting delete and as the screen posted 'do you really want to erase this contact?' I felt as if I were losing a part of my life as I randomly just deleted a part of my life. I know they're just phone numbers, but there was a time when I probably dialed them a few times a week or even a few times a day.

I wonder what happened to some of those relationships. Was it something I did? Was it something someone else did? Were we never really that close at all? I guess I'll never really know why some people come in and out of our lives (or our cell phones).

No comments: