Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Rumpledoodle

Last night, Brett and I watched one of our favorite movies...ever!

"Pooh's Heffalump Movie"

I know. I know. You're probably laughing at us right now. What? No drama? No adventure? Your favorite movie is an animated Disney feature?

I didn't say it was, like, our favorite movie of all time. But, it has a soft-spot in our heart. Back at our days when we stayed at "The Chester," we first watched this cute little heart-warming story in the middle of the hottest and longest summer ever in 2005.

I still remember coming home from work one afternoon to find Lindsay and Kristin sitting on the futon mattress in the living room (we couldn't find a frame, but that's another blog completely) crying their eyes out yelling at me, "We hate you Relacion!"

Anyways, the movie still holds a sentimental place in our hearts and we had nothing better to watch last night, so we popped it in the DVD player and grabbed the two kids (Huggles and Lumpy -- our pseudo-children -- again, another blog completely).

About an hour later, Brett's t-shirt was completely soaked in both my tears and my snot. (Note: He did change his shirt) It's just such a freakin' cute movie and I'm not afraid to admit that I get choked up in it like a little school child who just had their dog run over by a semi-truck.

Well, on the DVD features there's a recipe to make "Rumpledoodles," a little biscuit-like cookie that are a heffalump's favorite. So, I decided to make a batch today for the Lumpster. And...lemme say they're not half bad. I'm going to have to tweak the recipe just a tad because they're a bit oily but for the most part they're a sweet, crispy cookie made with oatmeal, coconut, raisins and molasses.

I guess if anyone wants a rumpledoodle you know where to find me!

No comments: